The objective of the substation audit was to provide site with a non-intrusive evaluation of all High Voltage (HV) equipment for all of their substations. Identification and clear documentation of any non-compliance witnessed with respect to company and Australian Standards. A summary of all of the main observations and subsequent recommendations relating to the components evaluated. Maintenance notifications and CAPEX project information to support any prospective project submissions.
- Development of audit check sheets to allow for simple documentation of any non-compliance witnessed at the substation. They were specifically prepared for each of the HV equipment objectives with respect to compliance with the following standards and guidelines.
- Company Standard Engineering Specifications and Engineering Guidelines.
- Australian Standards (AS & AS/NZS).
- Western Australian Electricity Regulations.
- Mines Safety Inspection Acts and Regulations.
- Verify compliance on all electrical (and mechanical when appropriate) design drawings and specifications.
- Field verification conducted by a Senior Electrical Engineer and a Graduate Engineer utilising developed audit check sheets.
- Individual report analysis completed for each substation.
- Liaise with client planning department to ensure recommendations and data given to site were in a format that could be loaded directly into their SAP maintenance planning system with minimal rework.
- Prioritised recommended actions for non-compliances.
- Report any safety issues witnessed immediately to site contact.
- Maintenance notifications (preservation of the asset).
- CAPEX – Tasks given with materials, labour (type & duration), priority and budget estimate.
- Complete PIA’s (front end loaded with the above information).
- Ensure all work is performed to company standards and that all engineering activities are completed on schedule.
The substation audits were successfully completed with no recordable incidents and no impact on production. Actions given to site to execute loading into SAP system and recommended PIA’s have resulted in work being completed.