Client Representative for Stage 2 Upgrade (July 2012 – May 2013)
- Establishing High Level Design Criteria for Upgrade.
- Setting up of PLC design standards.
- Resolution of TQ’s from EPCM vendor (Abesque Engineering).
- Site construction and commissioning – electrical engineering support as part of the owners team.
- Facilitate co-ordination between the Commissioning Manager and operations personnel and contractors.
- Co-ordinate with site personnel to ensure that project site activities do not adversely affect plant operation.
- Management of the project electrical quality system.
- Coordinate and tie in control system network expansion.
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for the consolidation of the Citect software.
- Supervise dry commissioning of new plant.
- Supervise and witness SAT testing.
- VSD Programming.
- Plant commissioning and start-up.
- Loop tuning.
- Alarm Rationalisation.
The phase 2 upgrade was tied in during scheduled plant downtime and successfully brought on-line with design tonnages being achieved within the first week of production. There were no major commissioning, schedule, cost or production interruptions encountered during installation and commissioning.
Mr Anthony Peters (Construction Manager)