Upgrade the four existing site Furnace Reaction shaft oil burners to oxygen fuel burners where high purity oxygen (typically 95% oxygen) is supplied to the central burner tubes. This provides supplementary heat to the reaction shaft to help ignite the nickel concentrate higher in the reaction shaft leading to better furnace condition, control and throughput.
- Site construction and commissioning – electrical engineering support as part of the owners team.
- Establish and maintain close working relationship with the site team and assist the Site Project Manager in the optimisation of all site works.
- Facilitate co-ordination between the Commissioning Manager and operations personnel and contractors.
- Co-ordinate with site personnel to ensure that project site activities do not adversely affect site operation.
- Review and analyse construction schedules and progress status reports, recommend corrective actions in consultation with the Site Project Manager where the project plan is not being met.
- Management of the project electrical quality system.
- Ensure compliance with the site components of the HSEC management plan.
- Management of Centum CS and ProSafe installation and site network connections.
- Management and commissioning of the project Profibus network installation, setup and commissioning. Programming of Profibus network devices.
- Management of stage 1 and 2 electrical testing and commissioning.
- Management of project closeout electrical documentation including cost reports, test records, as built drawings, maintenance spares and maintenance schedules.
- Obtain formal sign-off on E & I practical completion of construction stages and facilitate handover of facilities to site personnel.
The project was completed with no recordable incidents recorded against the E, I and C team. There were no major commissioning, schedule, cost or production interruptions encountered during installation and commissioning of the Oxy Fuel Burners.